April 14, 2014

Carlsbad Flower Fields

Our homeschooling co-op recently took a field trip to the Flower Fields (it was actually the first field trip that I organized).  The forecast was rain for several days before our outing, and I was super stressed!  But it ended up being a wonderful day… cool, breezy, sunny with not a drop of rain!  Thank you Lord!  The flower fields are is basically acres and acres of vivid ranunculus flowers. 

The older kids ( Sarah & Josh, grades 3-5) attended an investigative class put on by docents.  They dissected flowers and put together a sprinkler system. 

LR-s2014Mar26-332

This man was the compost king:

LR-s2014Mar26-332-26

Flower dissection:

LR-s2014Mar26-332-81

LR-s2014Mar26-332-88

The little kids (Zac & Rachel, 3yo-2nd grade) had a sweet class that involved holding worms, music, art, and planting seeds in soil.

LR-s2014Mar26-332-5

Rachel got to hold a worm:

LR-s2014Mar26-332-8

Planting seeds:

LR-s2014Mar26-332-19

We all took a tractor trailer ride around the fields:

LR-s2014Mar26-332-71

LR-s2014Mar26-332-103

Having fun with the Campbell Family:

LR-s2014Mar26-332-105

LR-s2014Mar26-332-144

Orange overload:

LR-s2014Mar26-332-150

LR-s2014Mar26-332-154

LR-s2014Mar26-332-161

LR-s2014Mar26-332-176

LR-s2014Mar26-332-184

LR-s2014Mar26-332-206-2

I think this is my new favorite photo:

LR-s2014Mar26-332-211

Don’t the colors just make your eyes so happy?! God’s color palette is the best.

LR-s2014Mar26-332-254

A super fun playground:

LR-s2014Mar26-332-269

LR-s2014Mar26-332-234

Playtime with the Ito Family:

LR-s2014Mar26-332-274

1 comment:

  1. I remember going on a similar field trip, a few years ago. Great fun! God sure knows how to "paint", doesn't He!

    ReplyDelete