Thursday, April 10, 2014
10-ish photos on the 10th of every month.
Finding beauty in the ordinary, then thanking God for it.
We had electives at our small charter school today, and we recently started carpooling with our sweet friend Max, so we picked him up and I dropped everyone off at school:
It has been so much fun to see Josh learn to love reading this year. Bearenstain Bears books are one of his favorites:
After we dropped the big kids off, Rachel and I parked the car, and I ran/walked/pushed her stroller about 1.5mi to a park where she played and I did my 7-minute circuit training twice through (love my iphone timer app for this). Pushups, plank, sit-ups, burpees, high knees, and a few others:
Yes, Rachel’s still in her PJs:
Ran back to our car. Those 3 miles were awfully hilly, plus with a stroller (!) with a 4yo (!) – I was tuckered out.
After the workout, we got home, cleaned up and had a little beauty salon in our bathroom… I gave myself a haircut, and we painted our toenails glittery blue:
Lunch
I’ve recently been addicted to sliced Torta rolls with pesto sauce (from Costco) with sliced cheese, tomato slices and spinach leaves (always with salt and pepper):
My lunchtime storyteller always has funny anecdotes to share with me as she eats her pink strawberry yogurt:
Dinner – sliced, buttered and broiled challah bread (we had other food too, I think):
We made 32 Resurrection Rolls to share with our co-op pre-school class the next day. The white marshmallow symbolizes Jesus dead body. Wrap the marshmallow in dough (aka the tomb), then bake… the marshmallow melts (all over the baking tray, ha!) and you end up with and empty tomb!
This week, we practiced playing “Hearts” (card game) after dinner:
No comments:
Post a Comment