May 10, 2012

Yosemite

Jeff spent 4 days in Yosemite over the weekend with a group of 11 guys from our church.  He had a fabulous time rock climbing, hiking and spending time with some terrific men. 

20120505-IMG_2191

20120505-IMG_2194

20120506-IMG_2249

Standing on Subdome, headed up to the top of Halfdome.

20120506-IMG_2239

Jeff peeks over the face of Half dome.  What a rush.  Hold on Honey!!!

20120506-IMG_2236

Demian (red cap) and Jeff looking down below Halfdome.  

20120506-IMG_2230

One of the guys in their group is a photographer (Dan), so he was in Supermoon heaven being in Yosemite with all his gear on this special weekend.

Did you see that moon? Awesome.  Here’s a shot Dan took at night, capturing the light of the moon as it reflected off the spray of the waterfall:

moonbow yosemite dan fields

Spectacular Moonbow by Dan Fields.

So while the devoted Mr. Garland was enjoying the amazing sights in Yosemite, I sought out some serious back-up help with the kids.  If I’m solo with 4 kids all day long, a crazy woman also known as “MEAN MOM” shows up at about 7pm and she is not pretty or nice.

In an attempt to keep Mean Mom away, my parents graciously swooped in to take us to Disneyland and then to the beach house (Orange County) for the weekend. 

The kids were thrilled to go to Disneyland with Grandmom and Grandad!

20120503-IMG_1572

My Dad and Sarah on the California Screamin’ roller coaster launch pad.  This coaster has a loop-de-loop… hold onto your breakfast if you can.

20120504-IMG_1581

Our river rafting ride was not a dry one. Someone didn’t enjoy the wet ride.

20120504-IMG_1594

20120504-IMG_1589

20120504-IMG_1628

Our booth seats at the Golden Horseshoe for the Hill Billy music show.

20120504-IMG_1645

Splash Mountain, another water ride.  How did I ended up in the front seat, and wet again?

20120504-IMG_1652

Big Thunder is a great way to dry off from the water rides.

After a long and full day at Disneyland, we spent the rest of the weekend in Newport Bay.

20120505-IMG_5442

20120505-IMG_5479

20120505-IMG_5485

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… I love this place.  I’ve been coming here all of my life, and it’s still wonderful.

20120505-IMG_5490

Big-time construction projects.  Dams failing everywhere.  Oh the madness.

20120505-IMG_5506

Nothin’ better than a row with Grandad.

20120505-IMG_5512

20120505-IMG_5516

5pm Happy hour with Grandad and Grandmom.  Spilled Pringles chips in the sand are now duck food.

20120505-IMG_5533

20120505-IMG_5565

20120505-IMG_5564

20120505-IMG_5580

20120505-IMG_5581

20120506-IMG_5600

 

20120505-IMG_1669

Ferry ride.

Who had the better weekend?

We all had the best weekend!

Whew!  It’s been a full month with a trip every weekend.  I’m ready to stay at home for a while…

Have a great weekend.

blessings,

Wendi

No comments:

Post a Comment