May 3, 2012

Star of India

Sarah got to spend a night with classmates aboard the Star of India, a ship that resides in the San Diego Harbor. 

They learned how to tie knots, swabbed decks, and ate rat stew.  Sarah wasn’t a huge fan of sleeping on hard wood floors, go figure.

star of india.bmp

star of india

s

Ropes and lines.

221999355213

Swabbing the deck.

20120319-IMG_2070

We’re almost done reading the Secret Garden.  Mistress Mary, Colin, Dickon and Ben Weatherstaff are so much fun.

20120317-IMG_2069

Uncle James and Sarah, a photo of greatness from March that I overlooked.

20120329-IMG_2087

Daughter date night:  our school’s production of Fiddler on the Roof, Jr.  They did such a great job!

20120425-IMG_5276

20120424-IMG_5271

Sarah’s Little House in the Big Woods book project:  she made this sweet Laura Ingalls stuffed doll.

20120425-IMG_5279

20120426-IMG_1470

20120425-IMG_5305

Funky Footwear night at Awana.

20120428-IMG_5313

The devoted Mr. Garland gifted me a weekend away, all by myself!  I headed to Newport Beach for 2 quiet days of books (Hunger Games, anyone?), blogs, and a beach run.  

I didn’t make one single PBJ sandwich the entire weekend, and it was wonderful.  I forget that I can be productive and speedy sometimes!  Thank you Jeff!

20120428-IMG_1487

Running 10miles means you get to indulge in a bowl of salted caramel gelato.

20120427-IMG_1483

Our Honda Accord… nearing the 200,000 mi mark… exciting!!  I’ve owned this baby since it was born in 1995.

20120503-IMG_5401

Yosemite-bound!  One very happy devoted Mr. Garland.  He’ll be backpacking, rock climbing and “not showering” with 12 other guys from church.

20120425-IMG_5292

20120430-IMG_5384

Have a great weekend!

blessings,

Wendi

No comments:

Post a Comment