April 26, 2012

Church Camping Trip

Even though this is our 4th annual church camping trip, I still feel like we learn things every year.  Flash back to the last 3 years:

2009

2010 (When Sarah broke her arm.)

2011

Our camping meals typically look like this: 

Friday:
Hot dogs roasted over the campfire for dinner

Saturday:
Pancakes (with sliced strawberries this year) for breakfast
Cheese, crackers and dry salami for lunch
Amazing Potluck dinner with all other families (We had over 150 people this year.)  Our dessert contribution was white and semi-sweet chocolate chip oatmeal cookies this year.

Sunday:
Maple brown sugar oatmeal for breakfast

We keep it simple.  Probably because, we don’t have any extra room in our car… how are we going to do this as our kids grow?  Anyone?

2012 April slr Camping-60

Loading up… no small endeavor!  Scooters, bikes, folding chairs, and sleeping bags for all.  Goodness, we look like the Hillbilly family.

2012 April Camping-82

Keeping it real:  Changing diapers in our tent… you gotta do it somewhere!

2012 April slr Camping-93

Saturday morning pancakes.

2012 April slr Camping-78

2012 April slr Camping-132

S’mores at the campfire with the Bauckmans.

2012 April slr Camping-129

Glow sticks in motion. (Sarah, Alexa and Josh.)

2012 April slr Camping-150

Rachel with Maggie, our friend’s dog.

2012 April slr Camping-144

2012 April Camping-59

The devoted Mr. Garland led games this year.

2012 April slr Camping-160

This park is perfect for littles… there’s a paved level road that circles the campground so the kids ride their scooters, bikes or whatever around and around the loop.

2012 April slr Camping-167

2012 April slr Camping-172

And they’re off!

2012 April slr Camping-66

Snuggled up… 4 kids on one air mattress.

2012 April Camping-96

Sunday morning church.

2012 April Camping-99

I’ve tried air mattresses and cots, but my back still isn’t happy with me after we tent camp.  How I’d love to find a solution to this dilemma!

Onto other every day life things…

20120409-IMG_3605

So thankful for Sarah’s sweet piano teacher Mrs. Browne who lives 5 doors up the street from us.  Love that I don’t have to lug 3 other kids to her lessons.

2012 April Camping-52

We’ve been working in the garden… planting daisies, basil, pumpkins, sugar snap peas and zinnia.  Can’t wait to watch them pop up (if the snails don’t get to them first?)!

2012 April Camping-48

I was using my leather work gloves, so Rachel decided she needed her own “work gloves” (aka used socks). 

Yes, I’m that mother who lets her child run around outside in only a diaper.

2012 awana all club photo-027

Awana TnT, Sparks and Cubbies is close to wrapping up another year.

2012 awana all club photo-001

Our all-club “silly” photo.

I think I’ve turned into an introvert over the last few years, mostly thanks to 4 little people who hang out with me all day long.  Ha.
To prove it, Jeff and I took an online meyers-briggs test recently.  Jeff is an ESTJ and Wendi an ISTJ.  If you take it (72 quick questions take about 10 minutes), write back what you are.  Fun!

===========================

The MBTI preferences indicate the differences in people based on the following:

  • How they focus their attention or get their energy (extraversion or introversion)
  • How they perceive or take in information (sensing or intuition)
  • How they prefer to make decisions (thinking or feeling)
  • How they orient themselves to the external world (judgment or perception)

Have a great weekend!

blessings, Wendi

1 comment:

  1. I love Rachel's work gloves! Grace likes to use the plastic newspaper bags as gloves. I've taken the test a few times in the past, but this time around I'm an INFJ.

    ReplyDelete