February 1, 2012

Legoland Love

IMG_0666

 

IMG_0849

Sarah did so well as Eleanor Roosevelt at her class’s Wax Museum this week:

IMG_1220

IMG_1199

We made our own “floating ping pong ball” Bernoulli contraption this week with my hair dryer (idea from our recent Family Fun magazine).

IMG_1228

IMG_1237

IMG_0893

IMG_0902

Sick baby (from last week):

IMG_0870

Sick baby + warm bath = sick but happy baby:

IMG_0885

Last week at school was “what I want to be when I grow up” day:

IMG_0861

Josh, your future SWAT team member.

IMG_0865

And Sarah, your future doctor/dentist/nurse.  How cool would that be?  One can dream!

And here is the future SWAT team member and doctor now… using kitchen utensils as microphones as they unload clean dishes from the dishwasher (their morning chore).

IMG_0296

I just love that photo…

*****

Our First Lego League team competition grand finale was held at Legoland, of course!  We have had annual passes at Legoland for the last couple years (yes we are so, so spoiled) but we haven’t been in quite a while, so it was a fun return trip for the judging of the models at the kids’ competition. 

Legoland Lego League Competition 1-28-2012 9-07-48 AM

Legoland Lego League Competition 1-28-2012 8-30-27 AM

“Ants on a log” display with 2 of Josh’s teammates:

Legoland Lego League Competition 1-28-2012 8-36-29 AM

After the morning review session was completed, it was time for lunch and a few fun rides!  Of course Jeff and I had prepared sandwiches for lunch the night before, and I proceeded to leave them at home.  Argh.

Legoland Lego League Competition 1-28-2012 9-59-37 AM

Legoland Lego League Competition 1-28-2012 10-14-17 AM

Legoland Lego League Competition 1-28-2012 9-52-34

Legoland Lego League Competition 1-28-2012 11-33-08 AM

Legoland Lego League Competition 1-28-2012 11-46-29 AM

Legoland Lego League Competition 1-28-2012 12-55-14 PM

Legoland Lego League Competition 1-28-2012 1-17-55 PM

The final gathering was for a big “high five” ceremony congratulating all the kids on their models and displays:

Legoland Lego League Competition 1-28-2012 2-18-05 PM

On a personal note, I’ve struggled with varicose veins for many years now, and I went into my doctor this week to have a sclerotherapy procedure done to help reduce the amount of swelling/pain I have in my right leg.  I’m on the mend now… but lucky me… I get to wear this lovely sock (compression support stocking plus ace bandage) full-time for a week!

IMG_1281

IMG_0668

IMG_0669

blessings,  Wendi

No comments:

Post a Comment