Josh’s sugar snap pea, peanut butter, apple sandwich:
My attempt at being a “fun mom”… bath paints! Oh how messy activities stretch me.
Washable, non-toxic tempura paints.
Put a blob of a few different colors in the tub and let the kids have at it.
Kids are in charge of clean up and washing it all down the drain.
Game night at the Garlands:
Bad Mom: Letting Zac climb on top of the car while we were washing it.
I know, I know.
He sure loved it though.
And of course, it rained because I washed our car.
It’s a gift.
German pancakes:
Sarah’s been hard at work on her biography of Eleanor Roosevelt.
She’ll “be” Eleanor at the upcoming 3rd Grade Wax Museum.
Sarah and Josh have been on a First Lego League team since the Fall, and their big weekend of model presentations is coming up!
The “Snack Attack” theme for models had Sarah’s group discussing dark chocolate, and Josh’s group figured out how to mass produce the popular “ants on a log” (raisins and peanut butter on celery sticks).
Josh’s team’s display and model:
Sarah and a teammate, with their display:
Moonsand play:
Finally, we tackled an organizational task this week. Our Legos used to be in sets, but sadly those are long gone. It’s all a hodge-podge mix-up now.
In a perfect world, we’d have a Rubbermaid box for each kit (fire engine, space shuttle, etc.) with the assembly instructions.
Ha. I can totally appreciate this, and some families I know do this.
But.
There’s value in NOT having Legos sorted by kit also because that’s when you get colorful original creations:
So I heard recently that one of the best ways to sort Legos is by color.
We can do color.
After a few hours we had boxes for each color: red, yellow, green, blue, white, grey/black and pink/orange. We had separate boxes for Lego wheels and Lego peeps.
We’ll see how long it will last.
Just keep an eye on Rachel, the professional Lego container dumper-outer.
I can’t believe my baby is almost two. 2!!!
Rachel has been sick and simply refuses to take any medicine.
I tried sneaking it in apple sauce, yogurt and her milk.
She knows it’s there and refuses to eat the food.
It has been a long, hard week for this mama.
Have a wonderful weekend!
blessings,
Wendi
No comments:
Post a Comment