About every 6 months, we have a Garland Family Toy Party. We collect every single little silly toy in the house and put it in one huge pile in the family room. Then, we sort into 3 categories: pass-it-on (donate), love it, or toss it. It takes a good 2 hours to go through everything but it's wonderful afterwards! We set out our toy baskets and put together all the balls, legos, train parts, baby toys, dolls, stuffed animals, puppets, etc. into the correct basket. It's quite fun as the kids re-discover toys they'd forgotten about and have a great time playing with them as we sort.
.jpg)
Today's Toy Party!
.jpg)
Well-deserved park playtime after the Toy Party.
Hi Wendy!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the lovely comment and camera suggestion. I think we're going to look for a camera tomorrow!!
Your children are BEAUTIFUL!!! And I love the Toy Party idea. We do something similar, but you make it sound so much more organized and fun. When I get tired of the clutter I find myself saying, "Alright boys, it's time to give away or throw away!" Then we spend an hour or so sorting. Of course, they find it absolutely necessary to keep a half broken and sometimes chewed up toy. "But Mom, we can use this as a scope on our rifle (a.k.a. extended lightsaber)" they plead. :) I must say, they do enjoy giving their toys away. I love their little hearts!
~Erinn
You are SOOOOOOOO smart!! I am going to pass this on to Philip (his Madelyn just turned 2)for future!! Your kids are just darling---and they all look just like you!! WOW!!
ReplyDeleteWe have toy parties, too, but without such a fun name! (ours are much grouchier "Boys, we HAVE to sort out the toys!) We also let each boy have two "saves" out of the give-away/throw-away bin--it's interesting to see what they choose to keep. I'm going to adopt your fun name from now on! Your blog is great and the pictures of your kids so adorable!
ReplyDelete