March 18, 2009

On Track

TEAM in Training Track Workout.

Apparently I have a love-hate relationship with our marathon training group's track workouts.  

I hate running fast.  I'm not good at it.  I'm 6 feet tall - of course my legs get all tangled up when I run too fast.  That's why I run slow.  That's why I wasn't a sprinter in high school, I did the high jump.  I'm the slowest one in my running group.  It's tough.  I breathe really hard.  Whine whine whine.

I love that it makes Saturday's long runs soooooo much easier.  

Last night Coach Bill had us do a "step" workout:  run at 80% 2-200s, 2-400s, 2-800s, 2-400s and 2-200s.  We had some slower recovery jogging in between the high(er) speed (well in my case the "faster than I usually run") distances.  I know it's good for me.  It feels really good when we were done.

I'll be staring at this orange track a lot in the coming months.

Photo note: I played with my camera's ISO setting to snap this photo... it's amazing what kind of photos you can get (in the dark) when you have the right setting.  


No comments:

Post a Comment