August 31, 2008
Honey Wheat Bread
I made honey wheat bread on Friday, and it was delicious. I tried using it for hot-dog roll-ups that basically didn't stay rolled up. Note to self: don't try that again. I'll just use a all white dough with hot dogs next time. I also made one long french-bread style wheat loaf and used it for one huge subway-style hoagie for the devoted Mr. Garland's lunch Saturday (chicken, guac, mayo, lettuce, tomato, s/p, thick sliced jack cheese), which he loved. Then again we used it up today in sandwiches, and amazingly it was still super soft. I could get into making bread - it's fun for the kids to help with ingredients, and the "punch down" is a hit (ha!) at our home. I'll try to remember to take pics next time. Isn't the smell of baking bread the best?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment