I just figured out how to add "comments" to my blog so comment away. It was actually easy to add, I was just having a "brunette" moment I guess.
We homeschooled S for our first full week and it had it's glitches, but it went well overall. I had a hard time deciding if we should 'set up shop' (ie do our schoolwork) upstairs in our spare bedroom or in the main floor dining room. The spare bedroom would be nice because we could have cleared out the bed and set up tables, bookshelves, etc. The dining room is on the main floor and it would be tricky when we have dinner guests because we'll have to clean the area up and that's a semi-hassle.
We ended up in the dining room and I think it's working out well. It's great to be on the main floor, near the kitchen with a huge table and I brought in some bookshelves. J and Z can roam about the main floor, play with Legos or toys in the family room and still be near S and I. I think this first year of Kindergarten home schooling will be the toughest for me, as I juggle our two younger sons and schooling. I learned this week that I need to do something non-school first thing in the morning, like go to the gym, a park or grocery shopping. My boys didn't do well in the morning if I just said "go play while we have school" (go figure).
So today is Saturday. (Alert: Whining ahead.) As a stay-at-home mom, sometimes I struggle that Saturday doesn't feel any different than a "work day" for me. Don't get me wrong, I love our kids but it's just tough when there's no break from my regular "work" responsibilities, like a typical employee gets every weekend. It's so important to make sure I take real breaks on a regular basis so I don't completely lose my mind. Today was tough because Jeff's installing shelves in our office closet. I'm so excited for the shelves and am grateful that I have a husband that is willing and able to do this for me. I'm so thankful that he takes the time to work on our house projects. The downfall is that it means that I have to watch the kids while he works. I'm just burnt out after today I guess. I think I'll just go to sleep and tomorrow will be better, I can just feel it.
Wow, no pictures today. Wierd.
yay, i can comment! :) i completely understand how the weekend often seems just like the week, with no break from "work" when you are a stay-at-home mom (although right now i have a lot of breaks because i'm only just getting back into being able to take care of the kids after bedrest). i want certain projects to get done around the house/yard, but that means letting my husband do them while i watch the kids. that's a tough thing. it's nice to hear other mommies struggle with that too!
ReplyDeletewe are "up in the air" about homeschooling vs public school and have flip flopped back and forth. we still have two years before our oldest starts kindergarten, but i was wondering why you chose homeschooling.