August 21, 2014

Anniversary, Goggles, Mooo.

July 8, 2014… We celebrated 14 years of marriage with Chipotle burritos and ice cream.  I adore this man:

LR-s2014Jul08-154-40\

Sarah, Josh and Zac participated in a weekend summerbasketball camp… Jeff was an assistant coach for the camp.  I just loved the goggles they used (modeled by Josh)… they prevented the kids from looking at the ball as they dribbled.  My first thought when Jeff brought them home was that the goggles would also be perfect for piano and typing practice! 

LR-s2014Aug01-126-4LR-s2014Jul18-175-14

Cow Appreciation Day at chick Fil A:  dress up like a cow and you get free lunch.  We met up with the Riojas and Scholte Families, and it was a hoot.  Or rather a “moooooo.” 

We love that when you say “thank you” to a Chick Fil A employee, they often say “it’s my pleasure.”  Sarah went as a “white” cow which was questionable if you ask me:

LR-s2014Jul11-175-3LR-s2014Jul11-175-6LR-s2014Jul11-175-7LR-s2014Jul18-175

Our church recently had an outreach event (called “Faith in Action”) where instead of going to church on a Sunday morning, we went to a local senior home to sing a few songs for them, and do a special craft.  It was such a fun morning:

LR-s2014Jun29-089-12LR-s2014Jun29-089-39LR-s2014Jun29-089-47LR-s2014Jun29-089-49

We have a fantastic open space near our home, so Josh and Zac accompanied me on a 4 mile run/bike one afternoon.  Man I am getting slower and slower – it’s hard for me to keep up with my boys!

LR-s2014Jul02-102LR-s2014Jul03-102

Rachel and I reading books at the orthodontist office for about the 5th time.  Josh’s brace brackets simply aren’t staying on his teeth very well:

LR-s2014Jul16-175-10

LR-s2014Jun12-107

Library computer time while I pick up books:

LR-s2014Jul16-175-12

Rockin’ my hospital hair net for a partial epidural to help with back pain.  I continue to feel good, and I’m so thankful.  Every day is a gift from the Lord:

s2014Jul17-175-3

No comments:

Post a Comment