April 13, 2014

10 on 10 :: March 2014

Monday, March 10, 2014

10-ish photos on the 10th of every month.

Finding beauty in the ordinary… and thanking God for it.

Running Club… always a fun time running 30 minutes with great friends.  The boys love their peanut butter on toast, and this morning, I added dried cherries which they didn’t seem to mind.

s2014Mar09-336

s2014Mar09-336-6

Timeline song practice after the running:

s2014Mar09-336-11

Back at home, school begins.  Zac practices his ones, tens and hundreds:

s2014Mar10-336-6

We usually have chocolate milk on running club days.  Today we had berry smoothies:

s2014Mar10-336-21

7 of the most potent and compact bible verses I know of:

s2014Mar10-336-25

Yellow paper… our new schedule for the mealtimes the Kids are in charge of prep, setting the table, and clean up:

s2014Mar10-336-28

Chore charts are in full use… they’re really working well for us right now.  (They haven’t always. Totally our fault for not staying on top of it.)

s2014Mar10-336-31

The kids get tokens for 100% complete charts at the end of the month.

s2014Mar10-336-32

s2014Mar10-336-40

Homemade Rainbow loom:

s2014Mar10-336-41

s2014Mar10-336-45

Living room bed sheet fort:

s2014Mar10-336-53

Oh, how short we fall in the housekeeping department:

s2014Mar10-336-65

s2014Mar10-336-73

s2014Mar10-336-76

Monday’s are Wii days for screen time:

s2014Mar10-336-85

The Sports frisbee toss is a favorite game:

s2014Mar10-336-82

Our recent weekend family movie times have included the Amazing Race and the Duggars (18 and counting).

Dinner was leftovers.  I’m trying to use lent as a time to be extra frugal and use up food in our fridge/freezer and in the depths of our pantry.  I was watching too much solo TV (10+ years old shows, new to me:  West Wing and “the Closer”) in bed at night (on my iPad) so I am cutting that out until at least Easter, and hopefully beyond. It’s so sad but I can’t remember the last time I read a whole book.  For fun.  I’m happy to report that I finished Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, a book I’ve had floating around on my nightstand for way too long.  Yay!

s2014Mar10-336-112

No comments:

Post a Comment