I’ve been watching the Balboa Christmas Boat Parade since I was a kid. It’s a great excuse to drink hot cocoa and holler out “Merry Christmas” to boats all lit up, cruising through the harbor. The Christmas spirit is strong in these parts during parade weekend.
Two friends joined me this year with their kids (dads had to work), to watch the parade and stay overnight at our family’s beach house. 4 Garland kids plus 4 Cliff kids plus 5 Campbell kids gave us a grand total of 13 kids. We had a wonderful time!
Our first day was a little windy, cool and rained at times. We snuck a bike ride in between storms:
I accidentally spilled graham crackers right before I snapped this photo (my bike fell over), so the seagulls were going bananas, trying to get at the crumbs near Rachel’s feet:
13 kids and a tree:
Spying sea stars on the Balboa Pier caissons:
All 16 of us:
Taco salad dinner:
Sarah on the 2nd floor, looking out at boat lights:
Sugar cookies and snickerdoodles:
Skeeball:
Checkers:
Evie’s birthday! Mrs. Cliff made some amazing snowmen pancakes that were decorated with all the fixin’s:
Whipped cream, chocolate chips, banana slices, craisins… the works!
Recognize the snowmen on the plates?
The boys and I rode bikes out to the wedge to watch surfers:
Water play:
So thankful for these two sweet friends:
Yes, it’s December, but the sun was out, so there was no stoppin’ us:
The birthday girl:
Clean-up is a bear, but it must be done:
A fantastic weekend. Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment