August 23, 2013

Summer 2013: Planes, Shakes, Jazz and Lots of Water

For the first time, all 6 Garlands went to see a movie on the big screen together:

sooc-2013Aug22-085-11

Because I had a feeling the movie would be too loud for Rachel (I was right!):

LR-sooc-2013Aug22-085-3

Half price Sonic Shakes after 8pm?  We’re there!

LR-sooc-2013Aug18-116-19

25 flavors to pick from… peanut butter and bacon shake? anyone?

LR-sooc-2013Aug18-116-20

Extra thick, right?

LR-sooc-2013Aug18-116-26

Sarah: chocolate
Josh: peanut butter cookie
Zac: chocolate
Rachel:  strawberry banana
The Devoted Mr. Garland:  banana cream pie
Wendi: chocolate cream pie

LR-sooc-2013Aug18-116-27

6 of us at church.  Because church is awesome.

LR-sooc-2013Aug17-116-8

We attended a homeschool seminar… Classical Conversations.  The kids had their own classes: Sarah had Trigonometry Camp (here with friend Cora), the boys had GeoDraw (GEOgraphy) Camp, and Rachel had play camp.  All while I got to learn and brainstorm ideas for our upcoming homeschool year.  We all had such a great time.  Bring on the new school year!

LR-sooc-2013Aug14-116-3

LR-sooc-2013Aug13-116-2

Our former next door neighbors and good friends (who now live an hour away) invited us over for a bbq and swim:

LR-sooc-2013Aug18-116-13

Oh my how we love them!

LR-sooc-2013Aug18-116-16

LR-sooc-2013Aug18-116-17

So thankful!

LR-sooc-2013Aug18-116-4

LR-sooc-2013Aug18-116

I hate complainers, but back pain has been a huge bummer this summer for me.  I do my back stretches and try to stay in shape, then I’m simply transferring laundry from our washer to our dryer and I feel that twinge of pain that means I will be sore for a week.  I walk around like I just got off a horse.  Ugh. Enough with the whining.  A hot tub is always a welcome treat. (Any tips for relieving back pain… send them my way!)

LR-sooc-2013Aug18-116-12

===============

Swimming with the Johnsons:

LR-sooc-2013Aug19-085-2

LR-sooc-2013Aug19-085-7

Zac with his new toy at the Wave:

LR-sooc-2013Aug16-116

Backyard Hullabaloo (a game) with neighbor friend Brody:

LR-sooc-2013Aug21-085-5

LR-sooc-2013Aug19-085-25

LR-sooc-2013Aug20-085-3

LR-sooc-2013Aug20-085-27

Lastly, a free jazz concert in the park.  A cushy shuttle bus ride from off-site parking was a highlight!

LR-sooc-2013Aug16-116-10

LR-sooc-2013Aug16-116-18

Picnic dinner, balloons, friends and dancing:

LR-sooc-2013Aug16-116-23

No comments:

Post a Comment