The last week before Christmas vacation started off with our running club’s Jingle Jog. Everyone had their bells on as they lapped the soccer field. One of the best sounds ever:
"Sometimes Christmas is a little too much jingle and not enough Jesus.” -heard at church
I always want to be mindful of putting Jesus first.
We joined co-op friends last week to assemble over 200 lunches for some folks who needed lunch. Never have I seen so many sticky peanut-buttered fingers! Such sweet kids. I love the moms too.
Sandwich, granola bars fruit and bottle of water packed in a sack:
After sandwich making, we met up at the near-by Oceanside Mission San Luis Rey for a little California History. The Mission was under construction (seismic reinforcements, gotta love California), but we were able to explore the grounds.
Our friends made a fabulous mission replica made out of made-from-scratch gingerbread. It was so impressive (and super clever)!
Down at the Lavanderia (aka the Mission’s Native American Laundromat):
8 miles on a crisp December morning:
No comments:
Post a Comment