September 15, 2012

Indian Hills

Listening... to the devoted Mr. Garland type on his computer right next to mine… (LOVE!)  He works on technical spreadsheets while I edit photos.
Eating... Just had grilled burgers for dinner… I ate mine wrapped in lettuce with thousand island dressing.  Found some super cute slider buns at the grocery store for the kids burgers.  Perfect.  Trying to crack down on my eating habits recently with my accountability food buddie (hi Cassie!).  The 2 oatmeal/coconut cookies and homemade vanilla ice cream (Sarah’s specialty) I just had for dessert didn’t help my cause today.  Just don’t tell Cassie (hi Cassie!).  Good thing I ran this morning.
Drinking... Water… need to always be drinking more.
Weather... Very hot!  Crazy warm Santa Ana winds are blowing in a heat wave yesterday and today.  It was in the 100s today… yikes!
Needing... to go to bed… trying to get to bed earlier. So I can get up earlier.  It’s a never ending battle.
Thinking... about my sunday school lesson for tomorrow about Joseph and how his coat of many colors that got him into so much trouble.  I (heart) pre-schoolers.  Zac recently graduated my class and Rachel gets to join once she potty trains.  Which is a work in progress.
Enjoying... our kittens… the kids are getting better with them.  Rachel still tortures them.
Favorite things… my 3-hole punch.  I ‘m trying to get better at staying organized (school work) with 3-ring binders.  I’m thinking about re-organizing all of my recipe cards into 3-ring binders.  Any thoughts on that?  Please share what you love!
This little girl is loving some princesses.  I need to have her go “meet” a princess at Disneyland before our passes expire in Feb 2013.  The lines are always just too long.
120906-0428
We’re studying California History this year, so for a fun activity, I let the kids make their own personalized license plates.  Any guesses on which one is who’s?  (Hint:  check the origination dates)
120907-0447
Josh’s map of California (sugar cookie style), that he made in his Co-op Class.  It was deeeeelicious!  Check out those mountain peaks and the central valley!  The desert was nice and graham-y.
120912-3358
Field trip to Indian Hills Camp… such a fun outing!
120914-3466
120914-3473
120914-3450
A long steep black slide that the kids loved…
120913-3447
It was crazy hot this day!  Our car said 111 degrees.  After we got home from Indian Hills, I was so grateful to our next door neighbors who invited us over for a swim in their pool.  So refreshing!
120914-3467
Morning run with my little one:
120912-3398
I record my voice on our little recorder as I read a book to Rachel (I’m sure to say “turn the page”) then Rachel can sit and read the book by herself, listening to the recording, as many times as she pleases!
120906-0435
We made our classic “fill a casserole dish with small toys and water then freeze” summer toy… and the kids had a great time “rescuing” the toys from the frozen ice pack with a baseball bat:
120907-0475
Our good friends the Lindemans were out from CO for a visit… so fun to have them join us for church then lunch afterwards:
120909-0494
Rosanna and me… long-time friends from MOPS many years ago.  Hi Ro!
120909-0506
Crazy weather… super humid and hot, then the clouds roll in and it’s raining.  Felt like Colorado. 
120909-0507
Fun neighborhood friends:
120910-0535
Rachel works on her family tree:
120906-0417
AWANA is on the go again for the year.  This year’s head count:  1 TnTer, 2 Sparkies and 1 Puggle.  It feels weird not to have a Cubbie in the house.  I’m pretty sure Zac ended up finding his shoes in time for club, but you never know.
120912-0568
Many, many games of baseball and kickball happen in our (small) backyard every day.  The boys can’t get enough.
120914-0597
I love Craigslist:  We scored a free twin bed (Rachel was ready for an upgrade) this week, and earlier in the summer, we got a ton of free firewood for camping and winter fires.  Now I’m on the hunt for a free trampoline.  What can I say?  I’m el-cheapo.
120914-0616
My friend Katie and I got to have a fun pottery painting night thanks to a flash deal.  Oh my what fun.  Good times.
120906-3276
CA License plate match-ups:
120907-0451
Blessings,
Wendi

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of the recording of you reading! There is a book we frequently get from the library for Grace that has a CD that she loves to listen to as she "reads" along, but I never thought to make my own. I even have a recorder to do it with. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete