A fun simple game called “Don’t Eat Pete!”
Family Tree:
Josh is studying Columbus: Any guesses?
The Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria – Josh’s co-op teachers are super clever! They’re the same ones who made the sugar cookie map of California.
Zac lost his first tooth!
The devoted Mr. Garland took Josh and Zac for a “guys only” camping trip with Adventure Guides. They had a blast!
Good thing the “Camping” Tooth Fair was on the ball.
So the Garland girls had a fun girly weekend at home… we started off with peach milkshakes. Very chunky milkshakes… my blender broke so we ad libbed and used the food processor. Not a good idea.
Have you ever had those tasty “pretzel with a melted Rolo and pecan” treats? Sorta like a turtle? I LOVE those salty and sweet things! I kept looking for rolos at the store and couldn’t find them so I tried using these Hershey’s kisses filled with caramel. Don’t be like me. This dessert was a complete flop. The caramel inside the kisses was way too runny… they melted in the oven but then the caramel went everywhere when I tried to press an M&M in the top (we didn’t have any pecans, but it didn’t matter). Oh my, disaster. (Big sigh.) I tried.
I will forever love Anne of Green Gables. Girls movie night… this was the girls’ first time. Sarah’s heard about the “lake of shining water” many times from me before watching this movie. Long live VHS!
We also cleaned out the pantry. We live a crazy life. Look close at the top shelf.
The cats helped clean out shelves.
After the guys got back from camping (and they showered, p.u.!), we all headed to the harbor to rent a Duffy (a small electric boat) for a cruise around the harbor, thanks to a Groupon deal.
The wildlife put on a show for us… what normal seal shows it’s fins and flippers like this? Maybe they were practicing for a Seaworld audition.
Classic shot of Josh: dipping his apple slice in peanut butter, holding onto his “special drink.”
Totally fun to “bump” into our neighbors out in the basin!
blessings, Wendi
I'd love to know how "Don't Eat Pete" works! I haven't had those pretzels before, but did see that McDonald's has a special treat right now - I think it's a Rolos McFlurry. I had one last week. It was pretty good.
ReplyDelete