August 4, 2012

Two Score

The weekly Garland Family wrap-up.

IMG_9428

Our dinner:  gigantic artichokes, grapes, cheesy tortillas.  I love summer foods.

120801-2561

Josh, Zac and Rachel enjoy a fresh batch of library books on the parking lot lawn as we wait for Sarah to finish up her orthodontist appt.

120803-9445

Lazy summer mornings:  I don’t know if we’ll ever out grow our tub of brio train tracks and engines.

IMG_9413

Josh shows Zac some brotherly love.

IMG_9420

Our side yard:  Rocking the Internet Redneck style. 

The Garland IT Department has had a rough couple of weeks. 

1 new cable modem and 1 new wireless router later, we had to run a wired connection outside and back in our house to a temporary computer set-up in the guest room so we could watch some online Olympics. 

Hopefully all will be back to normal soon.  There’s nothing like internet problems to keep you humble.

Speaking of IT issues, have you backed up your computer recently?  (Especially those photos!)  I’ve become a believer in back-ups (the hard way of course).

IMG_9242

IMG_9270

IMG_9262

IMG_9273

IMG_9315

Summer Smores (ice cream, marshmallows, chocolate, graham crackers and hot fudge served in a bowl).

IMG_9333

Have you had this?  It’s my new fav.  I’m slightly addicted to ice cream.

This is why I have to exercise.

IMG_9341

Summer Chores check lists.  We’re not perfect (in fact the newness has definitely worn off) but these worked for about 2-3 weeks.

IMG_9337

I think we needed better and more consistent rewards for having a perfect weekly record.

IMG_9349

Makin’ homemade lemonade for our community garage sale.

IMG_9384

Slam dunking Daddies.

----------

So I had a little birthday last weekend, and it was totally fun.

And I totally want to have another 40th birthday again sometime.

But I’m told it’s a one-time gig.

IMG_9357

Good thing several of my closest friends are about to turn 40 as well. So the party will continue for months to come.

We had a girls night out…

Dessert and a movie.

2012JULY28-10

2012JULY28-11

I can’t get enough of this photo.  I love the expressions.

These desserts tasted as amazing as they looked.

2012JULY28-4

Jenni, Jen, (me), and Jennifer.  With 2 cardboard friends.  Yes, that’s lots of “Jennifer” love in the house.

Jenni hooked us up with an amazing movie theatre under the stars experience to watch the classic b/w “It Happened One Night” with Claudette Colbert and Clark Gable.

It was perfect.

2012JULY28-19

Heat lamps, reclining lounge chairs, snuggly blankets.  I did not want to get up and drive home at the end of the movie.

But alas we had 9 miles to run early the next morning…

2012JULY28-23

All those rich desserts had to be burned off somehow…

(Jennifer headed out of town so Laura jumped in for the run.)

IMG_9373

And I got to have a wonderful ice cream cake (so thankful the devoted Mr. Garland knows I love me a DQ Blizzard cake) with my fun family.

Oh my how I adore my family and friends.

Not just the ones pictured here. 

All of y’all.

I am so blessed.

IMG_9408

blessings,

Wendi

Music fun:

Piano is a true percussion instrument.

US Olympic Swim team having fun.

We love Seeds Praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment