August 15, 2012

199,999 miles

A little piece of Garland history was made by our sweet li’l Honda Accord passing over 200,000 miles.  We are the original owners of this car (it was my Cal Poly graduation gift in 1995). 

The devoted Mr. Garland has put more miles on this baby than I have, but I’m pretty sure I’ve washed it more than he has.  I love washing our cars.  I’m serious. 

A little walk down memory lane… my college graduation (dangling the car key before my parents who should have just snatched the key away from me and said they changed their minds):

Top-001.bmp

My brother James and sister Stacy.

Top.bmp

James lays hands on and prays for my new car. 

He’s spiritual like that.

-----

car

The same car we drove away from our 2000 wedding.

At 100,000 miles (2002):

P1010153

P1010150

Jeff and I were somewhere in Nevada, on our way to the 2002 Winter Olympics.  We watched the biathlon (cross country skiing and shooting).

P1010158

P1010174

P1010145

I love my man with a little chin hair.

Fast forward 10 years to this month and 200,000 miles plus 4 kids.

IMG_2638

We hope our kids learn to drive in this car.  Here’s hoping it’ll last until 300,000mi?  We can dream.

120815-2711

120815-2727

120815-2722

120815-2717

Illegal victory ride around the neighborhood.

A lot can happen in 100,000 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment