December 24, 2011

Countdown to Christmas

Our running club had a “Jingle Jog” this week, which meant bells and cheer as we ran our laps.  The devoted Mr. Garland joined us, which was splendid!

My good friend Laura (with her son) joined us for the jingle jog.  So fun! 

IMG_7683

2 days before the jingle jog, Laura and I ran over 10 miles… I don’t do this very often anymore, but it was so good.  10 miles was nothing for Laura as she’s in the final stretch of her own marathon training… she’ll run her first full marathon (26.2mi) in January.  So excited for her!

IMG_7678

Clean-up on aisle 9!

IMG_7721

I was out of commission for 2 whole days with a bad back.  The devoted Mr. Garland and the kids whipped up breakfast in bed for me and I was so grateful!  I’m feeling much better now… after a visit to the doc and a few (very strong) pain meds, I was flying high as a kite functional and pain-free again.  Jeff was a life-saver during my back injury.  So thankful for him.  I couldn’t do anything!

IMG_7737

Rachel received her handmade (by Grandmom) stocking and gets to use it for the first time this year.  Thanks, Mom!

DSC_0010

DSC_0002

(Zac’s stocking hook broke… but it’s fixed now.)

That’s using your head, Rachel!

DSC_0018

Our annual Awana potluck and candlelight Christmas caroling. 

DSC_0039

DSC_0046

I love bathroom mirror dry-erase messages from our kids!

DSC_0081

DSC_0111

DSC_0124

DSC_0211

DSC_0060

We’ve been playing quite a big of Rummikub recently.

DSC_0217

Happy birthday to Jesus!

DSC_0226

A flat tire the morning of our jingle jog!  Is it just us or is there always something to fix?

DSC_0245

Decorating Christmas cookies.

DSC_0252

 

DSC_0261

IMG_7720

Have a wonderful Christmas tomorrow!!!

blessings,

Wendi

No comments:

Post a Comment