June 4, 2011

Cameras and Cupcakes

Sarah has been saving up her money for a while... the kids get money for 3 things in our home:  saving, spending, and sharing (tithe).  Sarah recently cashed in on a new camera.

A nice one.  

Well, actually it's the same point-and-shoot that I have.  But she got a screamin' deal on it.  And it's a great camera to keep in your purse.


She's learning about different modes, shutter speeds, color settings, and her camera even has a video feature.


And now I am going to have to buy an extra hard drive to store all the photos and videos she is taking.  She takes photos of very important things, you know.


Like chocolate frosted cupcakes.

With sprinkles and MnMs on top.

Also important things like the ceiling, and our family room couch.

I'll share more of her work in future posts.  

Oh... and say hello to my new lens.


A 50mm 1.8 lens... that lets me take fun new photos.  With lovely bokeh (that blurry background often found in photos).  I still don't know what I'm doing for the most part (with photography) but I'm having a great time trying to figure it out.  My new lens is manual so it's really making me work for my money.  And I'm not very good yet.  

And while Sarah's busy snapping photos of silly little things like cupcakes, I'm out there capturing photos of much, much more sophisticated things.



Ahem.

Like those same cupcakes.

(We made these cupcakes for Zac's AWANA Cubbies Award banquet last week.)

Like mother, like daughter, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment