
Back in college, the devoted Mr. Garland became friends with our dear friend Kristen H. Kristen's older sister is Joanne Heim. I met Joanne several years ago at Kristen's baby shower. Joanne and her hubs Toben have two daughters. Joanne is amazing. I've been reading her blog for several years now. (Kristen also has a blog.) When we found out we would be moving from Denver to San Diego, I knew Joanne had lived out here so I called her for the scoop on our new area. Such a wonderful woman, who longs to be more like Jesus every day.
Well. One of her daughters found her unconscious last week in their Denver home. She'd had a stroke. In the last week she's had brain surgery (they opened her skull to allow for swelling). She's in a coma (her hospital is in Littleton), and they hope to bring her out of it soon. They don't know yet what the affects of the stroke and brain swelling will be. This unknown has to be very scary.
If you're the praying kind, would you please pray for Joanne Heim? She truly needs a miracle. Her family needs a miracle. Her blog has updates from her husband Toben. Thanks in advance.
been praying fervently and reading updates almost as much. I've been reading J's blog for awhile too, were you @ our MOPS group when she spoke? She was transparent and real, and pointed us all His direction. Love that God is bringing her thru in the way He is, and look forward to seeing what He'll do with the whole thing when she is "back".
ReplyDelete