December 22, 2010

Balboa Christmas Boat Parade Weekend

This year's boat parade was wonderful... again.  This was the most interesting float we saw.  Dad called it a 'lamp' but it was quite the shapely and leggy 'lamp' with those blue high heels.  Hmmmmm.

It was really tough to take photos of moving boats with Christmas lights on them... at night!  This was one of my better shots (or so I thought)... there were plenty that I had to delete, though.

It rained most of our time in Orange County (and it continues to rain).  We're getting quite the soaker this week.



Mom, Sarah, Jeff (holding Rachel), Zac, Josh and Dad on our viewing perch, the neighbor's roofed front porch, sharing a plugged-in-and-turned-on-high electric blanket while the rain came down and the boats came by.  Mom made great food for us... all boat themed meals (potato boats, celery boats, mushroom boats, avocado boats, etc.).  Leave it to my mom, she's so great at that sort of stuff.  So much fun... thanks Mom and Dad!


1 comment:

  1. The lamp had us puzzled too - then we watched Christmas Story, and it's from that... I loved all the mini-boats best!

    ReplyDelete