The devoted Mr. Garland has worked for Philips for 3 years now, and this summer they hosted the first "Family Day BBQ" at the office. Jeff helps design parts for ventilators that Philips (formerly Respironics) makes and sells. Philips did such a great job making the day family friendly and fun for the kids. A wonderful BBQ picnic lunch, demonstrations and videos, a very one-of-a-kind (and I'll be honest, kinda weird) ventilator photo frame, and a tour of the facilities. They even set out an old ventilator and let the kids put crazy fluorescent paint all over it. What a sight.
They had a employee drawing while we were there and one of the most prized raffle prizes was a "paid vacation day" for the employees. And guess who won? Yup, that would be my man. And a day off for my man... translates into a day off for me! Ahhhhh. So yeah, I won big time.
Zac tried to resuscitate this guy back to life, but I'd say he was already pretty much a goner.



No comments:
Post a Comment