Rachel is now 7 months old (she has her first 2 teeth!) and that means pureed food. I buy a few jars of baby food at the store to have as back-up but for the most part, all of our kids have had baby food prepared by moi and our handy dandy food processor. It's actually very easy, just takes time. I like to prepare a big batch of food (oatmeal, beans/peas, beef stew) and freeze it into cubes (see ice cube trays in photo) and then pop out the cubes and have handy bags of frozen food cubes ready and waiting in the freezer. I'll be honest, the baby food stage is hard because I really have two meals to prepare, 3 times a day... one for the fam, and a separate one for the baby. It's not my favorite but it is what it is and it'll be over way too soon.
And yes, I'll miss it someday.




No comments:
Post a Comment