September 27, 2010

Makin' Ice Cream

Sarah gave a demonstration speech to her 2nd grade workshop class last week.  One of Sarah's favorite things to do at home is make homemade vanilla ice cream, so that's exactly what she chose to demonstrate.

Action shot:  Sarah pours the half and half, milk, sugar and vanilla mixture into the ice cream maker.  I love how her friend Michael is standing up to see... such excitement.  We got our maker earlier this summer and have been using it almost weekly ever since we got it.  Love it.

Sarah did a great job and needless to say, it was a hit with the kids... especially the homemade ice cream samples she handed out to her classmates afterwards.  Also, Sarah's mom really enjoyed the many, many speech practice sessions at home.  It's hard work eating lots of ice cream, but someone had to do it.

BTW, students in costume were dressed up for "favorite book character day."  Sarah was Violet the Pilot.  It's one of our favorite books.

1 comment:

  1. I just "discovered" Violet the Pilot and gave it to our great niece, Violet, for her 3rd birthday!! I wanted to keep it for our granddaughter, Madelyn, because Peter is a pilot (private, not commerial)! I'll get it for her anyway :)

    ReplyDelete