August 3, 2010

1/2 Marathon

Less than two weeks until my first half marathon.  August 15 in San Diego.  Yeah, I ran a full marathon in May 2009, but a full marathon is different from a half marathon.  Half, to be exact.  But after having a baby, I'm still nervous about my half.  Just want to finish.  Alisa (my running partner) and I ran 11 miles last weekend, and even ran together at family camp last week.  She's much more in shape than I am, so I'm thankful that she puts up with my slow shuffle.

My brother is doing his first half ironman August 8.  Go James!!!

James and I said we'd only run a full marathon once.  We're proud to be stickin' to that.

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo! I'll be thinking of you. I ran a marathon in 2000... and not much running since. I'd really like to start running again, and get another half under my belt (not sure I could even manage a full anymore)... so you are now officially my inspiration! Good luck in five days!

    ReplyDelete