December 21, 2009

Newport Christmas Boat Parade Weekend

We had wonderfully warm temps this weekend. Here's Z surfing in December.


The devoted Mr. Garland and S decorated this sweet gingerbread house together. This was a kit, so it was the real thing (not like our graham cracker houses from last week).

Parade snacks: required. Oh and hot chocolate after the parade (if we've already had dinner).

Here's one of our favorites... more to come.


The decorated houses on the peninsula and Island were amazing. This train layout was our favorite. It had 3 running trains!

Fireworks over the pier. Clearly, I'm not a professional photographer. I know what ISO is but didn't have it high enough. You can only do so much with my point-and-shoot. I dream of owning a SLR one day... some day.



One thing I love about the boat parade is that people typically shout out to each other "Merry Christmas!" instead of the pc "Happy Holidays."


We have no fun. Ever.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment: