Between Legoland's Brick-or-Treat, the YMCA party, Princess/Pirate night at AWANA and regular Halloween festivities, we certainly got our share of costume-wearing in this year.
Z wore 3 costumes: superman, pumpkin and firefighter. I just love the faux 6-pack chest of a 2 year old in a superman costume:
.jpg)
.jpg)
-ps.jpg)
S was a queen (she upgraded from "princess" last year although her costume was basically the same dress, just different homemade hat).
J was a knight, complete with sword and shield (that he saved up for and purchased from Legoland with all of his own money, so proud of our boy!). I used some left over material and even made him a cape, which will get plenty of use in the upcoming non-halloween months as well. This knight has a pirate's scowl goin' on..jpg)
.jpg)
Pumpkin carving is basically done by the devoted Mr. Garland, who does all the work: cleaning out the pumpkin guts, design and carving. I just keep everyone well stocked with snacks.
We purchased one pumpkin from the store (the biggest one), but we grew the two smaller pumpkins in our own garden this summer. Boy that was fun and we'll totally do that again.
.jpg)
Bruised heel update: I mentioned in a previous post that I injured my left heel and was not doing well earlier this week. Thanks so much for your notes and prayers... I'm feeling about 90%, still a little tender but for the most part back to normal. I used a cane for a few days this week (boy did that look funny), and am walking on my own now. Hooray for my comfy running shoes with really good support. Glad I didn't have to go in to see a doc for help, it's just tricky to work in an appt. with 3 kids :) God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment