October 28, 2009

Babymoon

The devoted Mr. Garland and I got to take a trip to Colorado last weekend... sans kids. Huge kudos to my folks for watching our 3 offspring for 3 days... they are lifesavers I tell you. It's been a long time since we've travelled alone: Italy and Greece in 2004, 5 years ago. It was great to get in a trip before G4 arrives early next year.

Travelling with your husband, on an airplane, minus kids, allowed me to do crazy things like quietly read a book, have wonderful uninterrupted conversation with the love of my life, and not have to worry about snacks for little people. I was a "normal" adult again, for a little while. What a much needed break and change of scenery, that I highly recommend for all!

Our main event for the weekend was Jeff's good friend Lyle's wedding to Bethany. What a fun and beautiful ceremony. It's so wonderful to celebrate a marriage of two people who have waited on the Lord for their spouse. Dating/courting is not an easy feat in this age, and I'm so glad I'll never have to do it again (of course I love dating my own husband), but certainly feel for those who are in the dating world right now, looking for a spouse. It's tough. So yeah, Bethany and Lyle!

We stayed with Jeff's folks and had fun catching up with Jeff's parents and sister Julie, who all live in Denver. Good times.

We also got to visit with my brother, James, and his bride Lauren and their two sweet girls. James and Jeff squeezed in an outdoor game of disc golf Saturday, and it was a good thing because the snow flakes were sure coming down Sunday! I got to spend time with Lauren and the girls, looking through newborn baby girl clothes that I get to borrow... wahoo! Pink, pink, and pink!

Living in San Diego for 2 years now, I'm officially a weather wimp. I'm so very spoiled to have temps in the 80s almost year round. Sure, we have our cold streaks and heat waves, but for the most part it's mild and lovely. Being in Colorado reminded me of my 9 years living there: scraping ice/snow off the windshield, cold days and sunny days to melt the snow in a snap. I was so glad that it snowed while we were there, it was beautiful, but it also really made me appreciate the wonderful weather we have here, year round. I figure I'll find joy in wherever I end up living, just need to have the right attitude.

Snow coming down! Haven't seen the white stuff in quite some time.

Fun times with my sister-in-law Lauren and their sweet girls.

Crazy Uncle James and N rolling down the hill.

Sweet niece N, age 4.

Cutie niece B, age15 months.

We miss living near these gorgeous mountains, and the fall foliage... amazing.


I love this shot of Lauren!

Wedding duds: my 6 month belly.

Fun times with Jeff's fam: Julie, Fred, Louise, Jeff and me.


Congrats, Mr. & Mrs. Lyle DeVries! What a beautiful wedding.

Freshly dusted Rocky Mountains, the amazing view from our plane window on our ride home.

Ahhh, time alone with my sweet husband.
Call me refreshed.

1 comment:

  1. Wendi! I recognize Bethany in your pictures as a girl who was in my sorority at Hillsdale College! How fun! I didn't know that she lived in Colorado now. Beth Newton even invited me to stay at her house in Chicago over fall break one time. Hope you had fun at their wedding! Pass along a hello and congrats from me! -Colleen (Rickard)

    ReplyDelete