October 7, 2009

AWANA

We love Awana at our church! Awana stands for "Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed." This year is a first for us... we have 3 kids in 3 different groups. S is in Sparks (K-2), J is in Cubbies (age 3-4) and Z is in Puggles (age 2). Not many programs include the Puggles group (fyi a puggle is a baby platypus), so it's a huge treat for Z to be included this year.

The devoted Mr. Garland helps out in Sparks and I'm a Cubbies leader in J's class. We love memorizing scripture, and you know how it goes... kids' brains are like sponges, they soak this stuff up! (I wish my brain was still sponge-like.)




1 comment:

  1. Ok, now you're just showing off. I'm all too aware of how behind I am on my blog. You're putting me to shame. :)

    I love all the new pictures with glimpes of your daily life (lunches, soda, Awana, etc.). So fun! I really need to get busy.

    ReplyDelete