I'm 4 months pregnant with G4 (our nickname for our soon-to-be fourth child, due around February 15, 2010), and things are going well. For the most part, I love being pregnant. It's such a blessing and I never ever want to take it for granted. I passed my first glucose tolerance test on the first try (love drinking that thick orange gu) which is always a highlight.
But sometimes I complain.
Just ask the devoted Mr. Garland.
He gets a raw deal.
Between me and the 3 pillows I use every night to prop up my legs in strategically placed locations, he gets to sleep on maybe one quarter of our king-sized bed.
Which isn't much.
Did I mention that I am a napping machine? I'm so thankful that my girlfriend Wendy picks S up after school and drops her off at home so I can use that valuable time (when my boys also nap) to rest.
And don't even get me started on my varicose veins. They're already bad, and I'm only 4 months along. Hello support stockings. Hello water aerobics classes and lap swimming. I've been quite a few times already and oh the relief.
Girl or boy? So there's lots of talk around our home on whether G4 will be a girl or a boy. Currently, Jeff and S are on the "G4's a girl!" team and J, Z and I are on the "G4's a boy!" team. S (our only girl) wants a girl so bad she can taste it. She's big into "who's winning... girls or boys?" (or who are there more of...) right now so her prevailing comment to me goes something like "if it's a girl, and Daddy's at work, then girls WIN!" We emphasize over and over that no mater if God gives us a girl or a boy, we will be so excited!
We find out the gender in just 3 weeks. If you have a hunch, leave a comment to this post and I'll check back with the results and to see if you were right.
I mentioned a while back that I thought I was done giving birth to little people so I donated every ounce of newborn goodness, bucket car seat and maternity clothes to the local pregnancy resource center. Really, I was done!
Now, I'm having to undo this action by looking at garage sales, Craigslist and borrow clothes from friends, but I'm having fun and some good success! I've held off on the switch from regular clothes to maternity clothes for as long as I possibly could. I know from previous pregnancies that I get so sick of my maternity clothes by the end of the pregnancy so just this week I succumbed and busted into a bin of borrowed clothes (thanks Angie!). I'm most nervous about finding long maternity pants/jeans for the cooler winter months. I've heard that there's cool new pieces that you can add to your existing pants to morph them over into maternity pants without having to make any permanent changes. I'll need to look into that...
I'm at that tricky early phase where I don't look pregnant yet, but I definitely look fat (I've gained about 8 pounds so far, to be exact). I gained 38 pounds with all 3 kids so far, so I'm banking on 38 this go-around too. I'm tall... 6'1"... so I'm a big momma when I'm near term.
Holy cow, are we really going to have 4 kids? This is crazy! (Speaking of crazy have you heard of the Duggar Family? Wow... 19 kids!) Bring it on. The more the merrier I say. But I'm not complaining. Too much. Yet. It's all good... God is so very good.
.jpg)
My girlfriend Kate snapped this shot of me (4 months) at the beach last week.
I'm the queen of the baby bulge :)
Don't forget to comment on if you think G4's a boy or girl...
Alexa and I are voting for a baby girl!
ReplyDeletelex and i are voting for a girl!
ReplyDeleteha, ha!! with lola i looked that pregnant at about 8 weeks!! i was "showing" before i even knew i was pregnant. but that's what you get when you are only 5 feet tall! i think you look fabulous!!!
ReplyDeleteand... GIRL!!!!!
You look amazing!!! I am going to predict that it will be a girl, but of course, I don't really have a clue. It is so exciting either way. I can't wait to find out!
ReplyDeleteYou look great! Cute baby bump.
ReplyDelete