April 2, 2009

Snow Day

We had an honorary snow day today.  After talking with Grandma and Grandpa this morning about how much snow they got recently, we had to have the obligatory snow day to honor our friends and family in Colorado.   Living in CO for 9 years, we know that snow days area ton of fun.  Yes we now live in San Diego where it doesn't snow.  Just play along...

We started the morning off with school time.  Then, every time we went outside (to take out the trash), we "bundled up" in our pretend winter coats, boots, scarves, gloves and hats.  (Pretend winter gear is so much easier than the real thing!)  And if it's snowing, then you must have hot chocolate and bake some cookies for a snack.  My girlfriend Kristen recently posted this chocolate chip cookie recipe that you can freeze after baking, and the cookies are supposed to come out of the freezer chewey, so I've got a dozen in the freezer now... I can't wait!  The trick (I think) is the whole "drop the tray of cookies on the floor when they come out of the oven."  The kids loved this!

Then, in anticipation of our upcoming church camping trip, we decided to do a trial set-up of our tent in the living room.  It was the perfect snow day.  I love our life.

Hope you all stayed warm today, you know, with all that snow outside.  



Z and his nerf gun:  you tickle my bones, I breaka your face.

1 comment:

  1. My kids love it when we set up our tent indoors, but I haven't done it for ages--thanks for the fun reminder!

    ReplyDelete