March 31, 2009

April Fools


My sister in law Lauren told me about this great April fools' idea she saw from the creative folks over at Family Fun magazine, where you put fruit jello/gelatin and have it set in a drinking glass to look like juice.  Then your kids get a jiggling surprise.

I was planning on going the jello route until I went to my pantry today and only had chocolate pudding boxes.  So, I ad-libbed and mixed up some pudding and poured it into the kids' cups, complete with straws.  In hindsight this will be much better because none of our kids like Jello - but they "inhale" chocolate pudding.  They'll be expecting chocolate milk (very rich and thick?!) but will be thrilled to learn it's pudding.  We'll see if I can fool them tomorrow.  

If you see them, mum's the word :)

Thanks Lauren for the great idea!

2 comments:

  1. how fun! i like that idea (and the jello one, but only one of my kids likes jello).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! SO funny! I might try that, too! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete