Every few weeks with TEAM in Training, we have a "Back Down" week when we decrease our training run mileage for a week to recover and heal our bodies. Here's our schedule:
.jpg)
Week #/Miles
1/4
2/6
3/7
4/8
5/5 <----- today
6/10
7/12
8/9
9/14
So our "back down" 5 miles was a breeze today (compared to 8 miles last week). Never thought I'd say that. Must mean that our coaches know what they're doing.
(Can I just say again that I'm so grateful that I've met my minimum fundraising requirement. I continue to be overwhelmed and am so glad I don't have to worry about it anymore and can focus on my training. I'm loving my training team. Everyone is so encouraging, even through sore muscles, track workouts and long training runs.)
Today was especially wonderful because not only was it an easy run, my family came to watch me run! The devoted Mr. Garland hung out with the kids while I had my meeting and went for the run. After I got back, we all hit the sand and waves for some beach time (in February, go figure).
.jpg)
Moonlight beach: TEAM meeting on the left (we have a big team, 125 strong wearing the classic purple and green), kids playground on the right, ocean in the rear. What could be more perfect? If you look closely, there were even people playing beach volleyball early Saturday morning. It was an amazing day.
.jpg)
S and J building sand cakes.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Love your blog! It was a gorgeous day for a run on Sat! See you next week. :) - Julie
ReplyDelete