I am a product of mentoring. In college, Marisa Joulfaian mentored me and we had such a great time memorizing Romans 6, among other things. I also consider Ceslie Patty a college mentor of mine, though we never set up anything formal. In my early career working days, Carol Grieb took me under her wing and truly shared her heart and family.
Being on the m
Honestly, Kim and I would probably have never met were it not for this mentoring program. She goes to the Sunday morning service and we go to Saturday night service. Our paths would not have crossed naturally. But I’m so thankful for my friendship with Kim, she puts a fresh perspective on life topics, we both love sailing, and I’m so encouraged in her love for the Lord and her perseverance to be in God’s will.
Kim and I were asked to share with our church’s Mentoring Group our testimonies about how mentoring has affected our lives. Here were some of my thoughts:
- Helps take you out of your own little world and helps you see the needs and desires of others.
- Helps you to be a better person by being accountable to each other and to God. Being vulnerable with other believers helps us stay on track in our walks with Christ.
- Helps you realize you are not alone in your struggles. Plus you get to rejoice together as well!
- Keeps us in God’s word and in a love relationship with Him!
Kim and me.
.jpg)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you are doing this, Wendi! I'm sure you will be such a blessing and encouragement to Kim, in her walk with the Lord. You were a great encouragement and blessing in my life for the years that you were at Grace. I'm thankful for women like Ceslie and Marissa as well. They left their imprint on my life as well. I will be praying for you as you spend time with Kim and seek to encourage her in her walk.
ReplyDeleteYou are motivating me to look into a mentoring program. Thanks, Wendi!
ReplyDeletelove your posts wendi. you do so many fun things with your kids! i will be emailing you when Hudson gets a little older for resources and ideas!
ReplyDeleteMentoring is so fun.. does your church do mentoring for you with an older women?
Janet