December 30, 2008

Resolutions


2008 has almost come to a close.  I figure it's time for a little 'new years resolution' post.  I love the new year - it's a great time to start fresh, try something new, or try something again.  I think it's great to make resolutions, but I also think that it's okay to break them.  Just give it a shot I say.    

Let's review.  Last year's resolution:

2008:  Journal on a weekly basis.  I'm gonna say I achieved this one.  I started two "journals" in 2008:  a personal/private MS Word document that I type,  and this public blog.  I've been more faithful to this blog than to my personal journal, but that's okay.  At least I've started a habit of writing and getting pictures out to family and friends, and recording our families' activities.  I'm hoping to find a way to print out my blog for a hard copy some day, but that's still off in the future a ways.   Blogs are so great - everyone should start one!

2009 - Drumroll please... I've decided... to run... a marathon.  There.  I said it.  There's no turning back now.  I may not get through the whole thing, but I'll sure try.  San Diego Rock-n-Roll Marathon, all 26.2 miles on Sunday, May 31, 2009.  My brother James signed up yesterday, so now it's my turn.  It's going to take a ton of time, lots of training, and sore muscles.  Lord willing I'll survive and maybe even cross the finish line.  I've been reading a lot of Hal Higdon books recently, and I'm considering signing on with a local Team-in-Traning group (my girlfriends Trish and Becky rave about TnT).  I think I'll need all the motivation I can get.  

What's your 2009 resolution (if you make one)?


1 comment:

  1. HECK YEA WENDI! Lets do this!! That is the last time that you say that you won't complete it though. ;)

    ReplyDelete