November 12, 2008

Christmas Countdown

Christmas 2007

I'm trying to be better organized for Christmas this year. I'm not good at this stuff. But I want to enjoy and treasure Christmas festivities. Here's the schedule I'm following (from Simplify Your Life by Marcia Ramsland):
8weeks:  shop and wrap 1/3 of gifts
7weeks: shop and wrap 2/3 of gifts
6weeks: Finish shopping and wrapping gifts
5weeks: Start planning for Thanksgiving and vacation
4weeks: put up outdoor decorations and write Christmas cards
3weeks: Set up the Christmas tree and decorate indoors. Mail gifts and cards.
2weeks: Attend and host parties. Bake and clean.
1week: grocery shop for Christmas meals and make final preparations for the big day

Christmas week: celebrate Christmas and enjoy!
New years day: take down decorations, write thank-yous and start the new year fresh.
-------------

I think we're at about week 6 (already)! I've got our Christmas photos in hand and want
to start addressing envelopes this week or next.
I'm not promising any miricles, but I'm trying! If you have any great tips, I'm all ears!

1 comment: