February 23, 2014

February Tidbits

I have rough days when I feel like I’m on a merry-go-round, doing the same thing every day… wake up, breakfast, school, lunch, more school, dinner, bedtime.  Teaching and training kids is exhausting.  But there’s so much more… usually I keep a good perspective on this crazy parenting gig, but yes, there are “those days.”  Motherhood is a gift.

Waking up in the morning with a back that isn’t in pain is a gift.  (I never ever want to forget that one.)

"This job has been given to me to do.  Therefore, it is a gift.  Therefore, it is a privilege.  Therefore, it is an offering I may make to God.  Therefore, it is to be done gladly, if it is done for Him.  Here, not somewhere else, I may learn God's way.  In this job, not in some other, God looks for faithfulness."  --Elisabeth Elliot

This blog helps remind me of the wonderful details in the often mundane days.  Thanks for letting me share them here.  I’m grateful to you, dear readers.

s2014Feb07-325-19

Lots of hoop time in our backyard.  Our poor, poor neighbors hear balls bouncing from sunrise to sunset.

s2014Feb07-325-38

Our neighbor has dubbed our family the GBL or “Garland Basketball League.”

s2014Feb07-325-41

Brownie batter spoon lickers:

s2014Feb03-112-3

Homeschool park day… Josh on his stilts and his buddy on a unicycle:

s2014Feb07-473

Mrs. Gooding (Sarah’s zoology science teacher and my good friend) with Sarah on snake dissection day:

s2014Feb14-473-3

After the snake dissection, the kids got to make coral snakes with their rainbow looms (red/black/yellow colors).

s2014Feb14-473-2

Assembling valentines:

s2014Feb06-473-119

The kids got Pleygo subscriptions for Christmas, so it’s been fun to see the different sets come through the house.  Pleygo is like a Netflix subscription, except using Lego sets.  The goal is to keep the set together and not loose any pieces.  Easier said than done.

s2014Feb07-473-12

Sarah’s 11th birthday lunch (using library reading program free burger coupons, yay):

s2014Feb11-473

Rachel riding her bike for the last time, sniff sniff.  I forgot to collect the bike and helmet as we left the park and poof it was gone by that night.  Huge bummer. Ugh.

s2014Feb12-473-2

We watched the superbowl with Grandmom and Grandad at the beach house.  A fun ice cream birthday cake for the girls:

s2014Feb02-231-32

LR-s2014Feb02-112-41

LR-s2014Feb02-112-37

My mom is so clever… anytime there was a “crunch” in the game, we got to have a candy bar:

s2014Feb02-231-35

s2014Feb02-112-74

s2014Feb02-231-28

LR-s2014Feb02-112

LR-s2014Feb02-112-77

It was a tough game to watch… but still fun.

s2014Feb02-231-2

I’ve started snapping photos of dinnertime… it’s good for me to be mindful of what I eat.  I struggle with portion control (read: I like food!).  Here’s meatloaf, mashers and salad, with the cute daughter I get to sit across from:

s2014Feb05-231-3

Honing our racquet skills:

LR-s2014Feb06-473-12

LR-s2014Feb06-473-19

LR-s2014Feb06-473-27

As we were about to leave, the kids discovered a treasure trove of lost old balls in the bushes.  Jackpot!  Who cares if the balls actually bounce, right?

LR-s2014Feb06-473-32

I love Saturday mornings:

s2014Feb09-231-21

s2014Feb11-231-6

Matchy-matchy new shoes:

s2014Feb12-231-9

Heart attack night at AWANA:

s2014Feb12-231-21

s2014Feb17-231-6

This sweet cat kept coming to our back door to say hi to our cat Pearl.  After a couple days with us, turns out the owners were our friends in the neighborhood.  His name is “Marvin” and he was so much fun to have around. 

LR-s2014Jan29-030-6

No comments:

Post a Comment