It was a special “treat” to have mom and dad with us for Halloween this year!
Yeah, yeah, Josh should have had safety goggles on:
Rachel: Tigger (all 4 kids have used this costume!)Zac: Karate
Josh: Blue Lego Brick (He made it himself.)
Sarah: decided she wanted to stay at home and pass out candy with Daddy. Or, she’s a purple grape.
My Dad (Air Force) took Josh, Zac and Rachel out. Here we are with neighborhood friends:
Sarah looked forward to working a puzzle with the devoted Mr. Garland, with an occasional doorbell interruption:
Halloween is such a funny holiday. While we’re not crazy about the dark side of Halloween, we are crazy about getting to go out in our neighborhood to say hello to our neighbors.
We hand out full-size Twix candy bars. I figure you have to buy candy you actually like. You don’t want to be stuck with a ton of candy you don’t like.
I took a risk this year and only bought one box (36) Twix candy bars from Costco. The kids always bring home more candy than we need. I planned on the kids going out trick or treating, coming back and just turning that extra candy around and handing it back out at our door. Read: I’m a cheap skate. The problem was that we ran out of Twix before the kids got back from their trick-or-treating. So we had to turn our front light out for about 5 minutes while we frantically located our kids in the neighborhood with my dad and then downloaded their loot. It all worked out, but I’m sorry if you happened to be walking by our house during the 5 minutes our light was out. Ha!
The 3 younger kids were happy to share their stash with Sarah:
Josh got started right away on his “Halloween Candy Graph.” Every November 1, I let the kids choose either their regular math lesson, or they can count and graph all the candy they received.
OK so I’m a nerd and have to prove the Tigger costume has been used by all 4 kids.
Sarah in 2006:
Josh in 2007:
Zac in 2010:
And finally Rachel in 2013:
We’re done with it… if you want it free!, speak now, it’s being donated next week!
===========
Also, here’s Zac and Rachel dressed up in Bible characters for AWANA. Zac is Moses, and Rachel is a bunny from Noah’s Ark:
Lastly, here’s Sarah dressed up as beautiful Queen Ester for Awana:
No comments:
Post a Comment