May 22, 2013

San Francisco

The kids and I recently took a wonderful week long trip … we spent 3 nights in Visalia (we dropped off Rachel to stay with my parents while we were in Sacramento), 3 nights in Sacramento, then one more night in Visalia (to pick up Rachel). 
We spent one day in San Francisco, en route to our lodging in Sacramento, and boy did we pack a lot into that day!

San Francisco

Golden Gate Bridge
Ghirardelli Square (ice cream treats with our friends the Cliffs)
Fisherman’s Wharf
Pier 39 Sea Lions
Lombard Street (curvy!!)
Cable Cars
Bay Bridge
Treasure Island (the kids are huge fans of the tv show “Prototype This” and it’s filmed in a warehouse in the SF bay on Treasure Island)

I lived and worked in the Bay Area for 3 years after graduating from college.  Jeff was born in Oakland and lived in Orinda until he was 12.  We met here in 1997.

It sure is crowded, but I have always loved this bridge, this city.  It was such a treat to get to share it with our kids for the first time. 

I give SF + scooters a HUGE thumbs up! 

2013May15-899-12-2

2013May15-899-51-2

2013May15-899-59-2

2013May15-899-60-2

 

This bridge is always super windy, loud (with the traffic), and frankly a little scary, especially for our 5yo.

2013May15-899-45-2

2013May15-899-38-2

Fisherman’s Wharf:

2013May15-899-109-2

2013May15-899-155-2

2013May15-899-160-2

2013May15-899-166-2

Pier 39 Sea Lions:

2013May15-899-126-2

Ice cream treats at Ghirardelli Square:

2013May15-899-172-2

2013May15-899-99-2

2013May15-899-176-2

Chocolate bars of every flavor:

2013May15-899-177-2

The $60, 5lb chocolate bar:

2013May15-899-95-2

Treasure Island “Prototype This” warehouse:

2013May15-899-191-2

No photos of Lombard Street, because I needed to keep my hands on the wheel!  But it was colorful, steep and awesome.

2013May15-899-201-2

Next up… Sacramento!

No comments:

Post a Comment