As I mentioned in my Balboa Breakaway post, we did a little running on our weekend away.
Or a lot of running. 13.1 miles worth.
Laura ran the La Jolla Half the weekend before (!) and it was so fun for Jennifer to join us last minute. My good friend Alisa was injured and shared her bib with Jennifer.
The 6:15am start was early!!!
mid-run:
I was so glad to be done! Seriously! The last 4 miles were super hard for me (not for Laura and Jennifer)! I totally struggled and slowed them down, which I felt bad about, but I was also so thankful for their encouragement to keep going.
It was a wonderful run… amazing views, beautiful neighborhoods. We finished in 2:27. So that’s it for me… my last half marathon. For reals.
I want to keep running, it’s just that training for the half marathons has become totally tough. Maybe a sprint triathlon, or 10k?
And I’m still not sure how this happened, but a tv news cameraman got a microphone in my hand and was interviewing me at the finish line:
Annnnnnnd it looks like I’m in the worship praise choir. He was asking me if I felt safe during the race… was the security adequate? (Spurred on by the Boston Marathon bombings.) I sure hope my interview didn’t make the 5pm newscast.
(All photos courtesy of Jennifer’s and Laura’s iphones.) Thanks gals!
No comments:
Post a Comment