May 30, 2013

Memorial Day Fence Painting

Garland Memorial Day Weekend Project:  Whitewash the backyard fence

Jeff did all the prep work (that I hate)… sanded and cleaned the fence.  Hooray for power sanders!  And awesome husbands who love to use them!

2013May25-146-13-3

Then, Sarah, Zac and I jumped in with a huge bucket-o-white-paint!

2013May25-146-37-2

Any day that I get to wear my Sears Roebuck overalls is a good day.

2013May25-146-18-2

2013May25-146-47-2

Saturday was our work day, so Sunday, we got to play:

2013May25-116-004-2

2013May25-116-9-2

Goggle girl here has discovered the excitement of going underwater… on purpose!

2013May25-116-12-2

I even got to swim a few laps with Sarah:

2013May25-116-5-2

Jeff’s happy place:

2013May26-116-17-2

178125_10201247918701162_755649002_o

966768_10201247940901717_895180136_o

289540_10201247975942593_804638944_o

Pop-up tent, family members and roasted hot dogs after 2.5 hours of ultimate Frisbee:

2013May27-116-2-2

467381_10201247998663161_325581393_o

Physical line-up:

2013May28-116-10-2

Our doctor is so good with the kids.

2013May28-116-16-2

Picking out charms for our running club necklaces:

2013May26-116-12-2

2013May26-116-7-2

I can tell it’s swim season again because my laundry room looks like this:

2013May10-123-17

Homeschool day with our buddy Chad (on right):

2013May21-066-7

Money math at the park:

2013May21-066-10

Fun borrowed game:  Silly Sentences:

2013May21-066-15

2013May22-146-6

Homeschool surf club (such sweet girls!):

2013May23-066-8-2

Last night at AWANA:

2013May29-146-17-2

(Apparently our cat Pearl loves to be in photos.)

2013May29-146-27-2

Last AWANA night means date night (!) for us:

2013May29-146-30-2

End of the year award recipients that we’re sorta proud of:

2013May21-146-2-2

2013May24-146-12-2

“Decades Day” at workshop.  Introducing Patty Reed (from the 1840s):

2013May23-146-14

Jackie Robinson (from the 1940s):

2013May23-146-11-2

This California Rancher (from the 1840s) slays me:

2013May23-146-12-2

Not sure what decade this bird-hat girl is from:

2013May23-146-5-2

Thanks for allowing me to wrap up our lives here.  Too many photos… I know. 

My prayer is that these posts bless you in some way or another, and that they bless our family, now and in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment