April 4, 2013

April Fools, Surf Club, Fabulous Families

6 hours in the ER. Our neighbor wasn’t feeling well (she’s doing much better now) so Rachel and I got the full new hospital tour. We’ll be back here again sometime for our family (most likely our boys?). I’m sure of it:

2013Apr02-063-2

Last day of basketball…. Sarah and Josh got to shoot some hoops with their Granddad:

2013Mar29-010-2

=======

So this mom tries to come up with an April Fools trick every year. Past tricks were chocolate pudding in a cup with a straw and calling it “thick chocolate milk.”

Here was our dirt cake from last year.  Another was miniature fried eggs and bacon (2010):

zz2010-Mar31 027

This year I tried the ole’ freeze-water-in-a-bowl-and-cover-it-with-cereal-and-milk-for-breakfast trick:

2013Apr01-120-2

Talk about icy milk:

2013Apr01-123-2

Bonus this year:  The King of Cheerios (aka my dad) was in town so I got to (try to) fool him too:

2013Apr01-128-2

I’m already collecting ideas for 4/1/2014 so if you have a good one, send it my way.

Sarah tricked us all by stuffing crumpled newspaper into the toes of our shoes… awesome.

====================

Surf Club

2013Mar28-007-2

We got together with a few families from our homeschool co-op to catch some waves.  Mrs. Fretwell with her board looking sweet!!!

2009Jan01-016-2

Surf club moms. Only the two moms in black knew what they were doing:

2009Jan01-009-2

My first long board attempt was just plain ugly. It was hard to simply stand up on the board in still water, I have not idea how I would do it in a wave, in motion.
But I loved the colors of Alison’s board… so cute it makes me WANT to be surfer, but it’s harder than I thought!

2009Jan01-039-2

2013Mar29-011-2

====

Day hike with our friends Payton and Tabitha:

2013Mar27-040-2

We love the Goff family:

2013Mar28-044-2

Dinner guests: the wonderful Campbell Family!

2013Mar26-015

We had quite the recital that night… piano, guitar, flute,violin, viola and cello!  So great!

2013Mar26-006-2

===

Rachel is loving trains right now… her siblings help with track layout, and she takes care of the rest.

2013Mar28-024-2

2013Mar28-036-2

March 8-mile run… so thankful for these gals!

2013Mar22-001-2

2013Mar23-004

And you know you want to see the devoted Mr. Garland do the sprinkler dance on stage at church, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment