What a day… our car battery was dead on the morning that I was supposed to be teaching on Sri Lanka in Sarah’s Geography class (we needed to be there on time!).
So the kids hopped on their bikes to ride 1.5 miles to our homeschool co-op:
We made it in time, whew! I wore my sari in true Sri Lankan fashion (the shoulder is a little wonky):
I travelled to Sri Lanka with my family 30 years ago (!) in 1983. Here’s my grandparents, who worked and lived there for about 5 years:
Love this: My mom (in red) doing school with my brother (yellow T), sister (floral) and me (Waldo stripes) in Sri Lanka:
Doing this presentation brought back so many wonderful memories!
======================
The devoted Mr. Garland took the boys camping with adventure guides to Indian Hills (an hour away). Zip lines, super slides, BMX bike tracks, human foosball… the works!
Zac heads down the Sutter’s Fort slide:
BMX bike track:
Human Foosball:
The girls and I had a crafty weekend… sewing and painting mostly. We went out for a special treat:
Breakfast on the Pier with a 270 degree ocean view:
We get to celebrate this sweet boy this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment