January 11, 2013

10 on 10

Take 10 photos on the 10th day of every month.

Tuesday, January 10, 2013

I didn’t notice it was January 10 until it was dinnertime.

I’m awesome like that.

So I bring you 10 on 10:  the nighttime edition.

We had workshop in the morning… carpool with our friends, then Rachel and I headed to the gym for a little treadmill time. 

Rachel loves the Childwatch program… I’m thankful for that.

Lunch: sliced turkey and a bowl of oatmeal squares (love this cereal!) with milk.

Dinner:  hot dogs with spinach salad and sliced pears.  Sometimes dinner just needs to be simple.

2013Jan10-179-2

2013Jan11-243-2

Lonely socks… the cats, oh how we love them, but they think the kids’ socks are toys so random socks are strewn all over the house.

I heart laundry.

2013Jan10-208-2

My impulse buy at Costco this week:

2013Jan10-204-2

Always Fat-Free means you can eat 38 of them at once, right?

It’s been over 6 weeks of fighting a nasty cough, so I finally broke down and asked for some meds:

2013Jan10-200-2

I am not good at taking syrup meds.  Blech.

Friends blessed us with a huge bag of these green avocado beauties this week.  We’ll have one massive bowl of guac once they ripen:

2013Jan10-199-2

2013Jan10-196-22013Jan10-197-2

2013Jan10-190-2

My trusty alarm clock (I‘ve had since high school) and my rockin’ heated mattress pad controller (on left). Our home is a Frigidaire. My toes and fingers are ice cubes recently. It’s expensive to have the heat on and I’m afraid I’m a little too frugal sometimes. I love a warm bed.2013Jan10-228-2

Rachel enjoys her jumping jacks punishment a little too much:

2013Jan10-188-2

Loving our log fires (they help take the edge off the aforementioned frigid house):

2013Jan10-184-2

Nighttime routine: teeth brushing, fluoride gel, floss.  My wonderful husband is the Closer.  Because Mean Mom arrives at about 7pm every night.

2013Jan10-233-2

Did I mention that I burned my daughter’s hair?

Sure did. Christmas Eve church service… I thought it’d be special to curl Rachel’s sweet fine hair with my flat iron.

I’m afraid the temperature dial got bumped in travel so the flat iron heat setting was way too hot.

Fried Rachel’s ends. Oh I felt horrible. It was awful brushing her hair with her already very tender scalp.

After a week of tears, I trimmed the tangled ends off. Much better now, but it was a tough lesson to learn. Ugh.

2013Jan10-231-2

2013Jan10-215-2

Jeff reading the Hobbit to the kids at bedtime:

2013Jan10-213-2

4 kids sleep in one room.  It’s how we roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment