November 7, 2012

Choppin’ Wood

It takes me about a year to make it through a craft project these days.  But I got one done recently!  Classic silhouettes (detailed directions here):

IMG_2775-2

Then, after a coat of black paint:

2012-Nov Colorado-130-2

Getting our winter fire logs ready:

2012-Nov Colorado-194-2

Addicted to Brussels sprouts:  I’m loving this veggie side dish recently.  The kids? Notsomuch.  More for me that way.  

Brussels sprouts cut into thirds, bell pepper slices, EVOO and course salt.  Mix it all together with your hands on the baking sheet and bake at 425 degs for 20 minutes, stirring it half way through.

2012-Nov Colorado-202-2

I’m no coffee drinker.  I’ll hit a coffee shop perhaps 2 times a year.  I had one of those 2 times recently with my mom and had a salted caramel mocha.  Oh my sakes alive was it good.  Hmmm, I wonder if I could make one of those myself at home?

Silly question.  Recipe here.

Secret ingredient:  Toffee Nut Syrup costs $8 for a big bottle at Starbucks.  It’s like liquid crack… warm, magical smell.  I made an iced mocha here using cold coffee I made a few days before:

2012-Nov Colorado-220-2

The only reason I get to drink this is because of all the Brussels sprouts I’ve been eating.  They balance each other out, right?

=======================

Haircut time.  I love it when the boys climb onto the chair and I ask them how they want their hair cut.

Their reply:  “Short, just like Daddy’s.”

Mmmmmhuh. Handsome boys.

Famtime

We had so much fun bobbing for apples recently that the kids wanted to practice some more.  So into the bathtub the left over apples went. 

2012-Nov Colorado-041-2

==========

6 Garlands at Disneyland: Hottest FastPass in town until we showed up at 11am to use our Fastpasses and the Radiator Springs Racers ride had broken down. 
Foiled again!  Oh well… the Racers ride is new and therefore extremely popular right now (read:  long wait lines).

2012-Nov Colorado-160-22012-Nov Colorado-175-22012-Nov Colorado-182-22012-Nov Colorado-178-2

The ferris wheel (in a swinging cab) is one of our favorites:

2012-Nov Colorado-193-22012-Nov Colorado-210-2

No comments:

Post a Comment