October 11, 2012

Four Friends Find Forty (Yosemite 2012)

120924-1003

What a treat it was last week to get to celebrate turning 40 with 3 great friends on a roadtrip to Yosemite. Over a year in the planning, this trip was certainly worth waiting for.

We have 13 kids between the 4 of us, so huge kudos first of all to all the dads and grandparents who worked their tails off to help make this happen for us. 

Day 1:  Half marathon on the valley floor.

Day 2:  Long hike from Glacier Point to see the Illilouette, Nevada and Vernal Falls.

Day 3:  Lunch at the Ahwahnee. 

121003-1741

121003-1748

121003-1787

Half Marathon start line:

121003-3666

Good morning El Cap:

121003-3698

121003-3702

121003-3726

 

121003-3684

The sweet and perfect li'l Yosemite Chapel. (Hi Strocks!)

121003-3779

121003-3784

Self-inflicted Yosemite Valley Floor 13.1 mile run… done!

121003-3792

We hopped on the shuttle bus to take us back to the Lodge.

121003-3802

121003-3803

========================

Prepping lunch for the Day 2 hike.

121004-1809

121005-1827

Four Mile Trail (almost 5 miles of steep uphill) was a piece of cake for the Jenns.  As the eldest of the group, I totally cheated by taking the tourist bus up to Glacier Point to join up with the gals.  My legs just aren’t as spry as they were when I was 39.  Heh heh.

121004-3853

“Yosemite Valley, to me, is always a sunrise, a glitter of green and golden wonder in a vast edifice of stone and space.” - Ansel Adams

121005-1846

Hello Half Dome:

121004-3860

121004-3869

Did I mention that I’m crazy about these gals?  They spur me on in my pursuit of God.  Man, am I grateful for them.

121005-3883

121005-3898

Vernal Falls – a small trickle.

121005-3960

Sunset in Mariposa Grove:

121006-2169

We went on a fun camera talk/walk… our guide was awesome and we were all inspired to snap some Ansel Adams style photos.  Here’s my attempt…

121006-1947

Our final meal:  lunch at the Ahwahnee Queen’s table. My first time at this famous eatery, and it was everything I’d hoped it to be.  Amazing.

121006-1984

IMG_4214

121006-2007

Classic “look the fireplace is so big we can stand in it” shot:

121006-2022

DSC07108

121006-1930

This just about sums up the entire trip:

121006-2106

It’s good to be 40.

blessings,

Wendi

No comments:

Post a Comment