November 29, 2011

Thankful

I took Sarah, Josh and Zac out on a “Mommy only” date to have hot chocolate.  Caramel Brule, gingerbread and mint chocolate steamers and cocoas.  (Glad for the buy one get one free sale that afternoon!)  A total FAIL.  The kids didn’t like them.  At all.  They prefer an envelope of swiss miss at home with hot water.  Sheesh.

IMG_7336

Grandmom and Grandad were in town for Thanksgiving, and they offered to take our 3 eldest for a couple of nights, giving Jeff and me time with just Rachel.  My mom and dad took SJZ to Knott's Berry Farm… and score… it was military gets in FREE day!  My dad went to the Air Force Academy, so he and my mom got in free.  (Photo credit:  Ed Sullivan)

IMG_7343a

A little quiet time with my journal, tablet (reading blogs), book and to-do lists.  Ahhhh.

IMG_7339

The devoted Mr. Garland gets some exercise chopping wood while my dad looks on (with a glass of wine) exercising his jaw.   

DSC_0015

Thanksgiving morning Jeff, my dad and I headed to the Oceanside Turkey Trot 5k.  I hope I can run a 5k at 67 years old.

(The kids also did a running club turkey trot but I didn’t get any photos of that… we continue to love running club!)

IMG_7353

IMG_7351

IMG_7366

 

IMG_7399

The finish line.

IMG_7377

IMG_7401

After the exercise is done, let the eating begin!

DSC_0020

DSC_0024

And continuing our “let’s see if we can break a new appliance nearly every week” exercise, any guesses what appliance stopped working… on Thanksgiving Day?

DSC_0031

Oh yes.  Don’t be jealous.  We have mad appliance breaking skills around here.

Thankfully the fridge repairman came and solved our problem a few days later.

We set up the train tracks and decorated the tree that night.

DSC_0034

DSC_0010

We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment